Bob Vokey’s Industry-Leading SM7 Models Provide All Golfers The Opportunity For a Better Short Game
FAIRHAVEN, Mass. (Jan. 22, 2018) – Master Craftsman Bob Vokey and his pioneering R&D team continue to shape the future of wedge design with the introduction of the new Titleist Vokey Design Spin Milled 7 wedges. Available in golf shops worldwide beginning March 9, new Vokey SM7 wedges provide all golfers the opportunity for a better, more confident short game through unmatched craftsmanship, technology
Vokey’s prior generation SM6 models ushered in a new era of wedge innovation and performance with their groundbreaking Progressive Center of Gravity (CG) design. The advancements made with SM7 – already the most played wedge model on the PGA Tour, with four SM7’s in the bag of Jordan Spieth –
widen the performance gap between a Vokey and all other wedges.
Improving in all three areas of wedge performance, new SM7 models provide increased shot versatility with expanded fitting options, improved distance and trajectory control and more spin through the following key advancements:
• The fastest way to a better short game is through a wedge fitting. Developed through his collaboration with the world’s best
, Bob’s six tour-proven sole grinds – F, S, M, K, L and the new D grind – allow golfers of all skill levels to be precisely fit for their swing type, shot making style and course conditions.
- F Grind: Full sole designed primarily for full swings and shots hit with a square face. For that reason, F is the only grind available in the 46º-52º models. The 54°/56° F Grind is the most played sand wedge on the PGA Tour.
- S Grind: Designed based on feedback from Steve Stricker, the S is best for square faced shots with a touch more versatility than the F Grind. Simple mechanics are best with this wedge.
- M Grind: Voke’s favorite, the M grind is designed for players that like to rotate the
open and shut to manufacture shots around the green.
- D Grind: The player’s high bounce wedge, the new D Grind offers high measured bounce with the crescent shape of the M Grind for shot making versatility.
- K Grind: The highest bounce wedge in the lineup, the K Grind is the ultimate bunker club and the most forgiving wedge in the lineup for all shots.
- L Grind: The L Grind features a narrow crescent shape allowing maximum
versatility, but it is the least forgiving wedge in the lineup.
New Vokey Design SM7 Wedges: Tour Player Reaction
JORDAN SPIETH (SM7 46.08 F, 52.08 F, 56.10 S, 60.04 L)
“As you begin to have success on tour, you start trying different types of shots more and
more to get the ball closer and closer to the hole. You start to try shots that are extremely
difficult, but you know that the wedge is able to produce them. There are multiple times
where I’ve hit shots where I'm like, ‘Man, I’m not sure if this is the smartest shot to play,
but I know that I can pull it off if I do it correctly. I know that these Vokey wedges are built
to do it.’ And sure enough, I save myself a shot.”
“Voke and Aaron, they do the best job of anybody. We just trust them. I mean, these guys
are the best in the world at what they do. We just stay out of their way and they know
what we like and so we just try and do them proud.”